MORNING SESSION : 10.am-12.30pm.
In conjunction with The Good Life Paddle Company, I am delighted to be organising these 2 paddle boarding and foraging outings on a stunning stretch of the Thames between Teddington and Kingston. The foraging element of this event will be lead by Forage London founder John Rensten and will focus on the edible, medicinal and historical uses of the wild and not so wild waters edge plants that we encounter. All aspects of paddle boarding equipment and instruction will be in the safe hands of Leah Fraser…in her own words “I’m an ASI qualified paddle board instructor, I grew up with water-sports on the Thames and in the Sea and am now lucky enough to be able to share my favourite sport with anyone who’d like to try their hand. I teach groups of all levels on a beautiful stretch of the Thames, where we get up close to wildlife and get to see the city from a totally different perspective from the water. We’ll start with a health and safety briefing, get kitted out ready to paddle, followed by a land lesson before heading out on the water together for our foraging adventure”
Things you might want to know before booking.
1. This event is for ages 16 years and upwards.
2. No experience of paddle boarding is required but it would be helpful and this event might not be suitable for anyone with mobility difficulties.
3. All equipment is provided.
4. If you are late for the safety session you will not be able to take part in this event.
5. For safety reasons and to make for an enjoyable outing, there will be a maximum of 10 participants.